Looking for a healthy dessert option that is easy to make and doesn't skimp on flavor? Look no further than this coconut milk tapioca pudding that influenced by Thai flavors of mango, honey, coconut milk, mint and sesame.
- Add the coconut milk, the vanilla extract, the water and salt to a pot and bring them to a simmer.
- Once the liquid begins to simmer, add the tapioca, stirring with a whisk, constantly to break up all of the clumps that form. Once all the clumps have been broken up, continue to cook on a medium heat until the mixture reaches a boil (1-2 minutes). Stir constantly to ensure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pot.
- As soon as the mixture reaches a boil, turn off the heat and mix in the lime juice and zest, along with the honey. (You may want to add more or less of the lime and honey depending on personal preferences.)
- Immediately place the tapioca into another container and chill for at least one hour.
- Portion the tapioca into 4 individual bowls and top each with some of the diced mango, the fresh mint, and the toasted sesame seeds.
Note: If you use a different type of tapioca than what we list you will need to adapt the cooking process/times according to the package's instructions.