An easy, at home Iced Ginger Matcha Latte for when you're craving a little pick me up! This Iced Matcha Latte features a ginger simple syrup for the perfect amount of sweetness and additional spice.
For the Iced Ginger Matcha Latte
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Milk of choice
- Ginger simple syrup
For the Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of fresh, peeled and chopped ginger
Making the Iced Ginger Matcha Latte
- In a bowl, add the the matcha green tea powder and then add a little bit of water.
- Whisk vigorously side-to-side, just enough to form a paste.
- Add a little bit more water and continue to whisk until the matcha has dissolved and a sort of foam has been created.
- Grab your glass, add some ice, pour your milk of choice about 3/4 of the way full, and add a splash of the ginger simple syrup to taste.
- Pour the matcha, stir and enjoy!
Making the Ginger Simple Syrup
- Bring the sugar and a water to a simmer.
- Add the ginger and bring it back up to a slow simmer and continue to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it sit for five minutes.
- Strain off the ginger and use chilled.