Loaded Sweet Potatoes
With a topping composed of dried cranberries, apples, pecans, and fall herbs and spices, we have officially put your search for the perfect side to bring to your holiday dinners.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- ⅓ cup of chopped pecan
- ⅓ cup of dried cranberries
- ½ cup of diced apples (small dice)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh sage (picked & chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary (picked & chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of apple butter (or apple sauce)
- The juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 pinches of salt + ¼ teaspoon salt for the sweet potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Oil or spray a sheet pan and carefully cut each sweet potato in half, length-wise. Place each half skin side up on the sheet tray and bake at 350 F for about 45 minutes or until each half is tender.
- Prepare the topping by roughly chopping the pecans, dicing the apples into a small dice (about the size of your pinky nail), and picking and chopping the sage and rosemary. Add those to a bowl and add the dried cranberries, the honey, the ground cinnamon, the apple butter, the salt, and the zest and juice of the lemon. Mix everything to combine and evenly distribute the honey and apple butter.
- After the potatoes are tender (45 minutes), remove the sheet tray from the oven and flip each half of the sweet potato so that they are now skin side down.
- Season each half of the sweet potato with a pinch of salt and then evenly distribute the topping amongst the four halves.
- Bake for another 12-15 minutes.
- After 12-15 minutes, remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and allow them to cool slightly before enjoying.
MAde this recipe?
tag @offtheline_cooking on instagram!