An easy pickled cabbage recipe that makes as a great condiment to have in the fridge for sandwiches and sides.
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons
- kosher salt
- 1 small head of green cabbage
- Add the water, cider vinegar, salt and sugar to a small sauce pot and heat on medium heat, stirring occasionally until everything is dissolved and the mixture comes to a weak simmer.
- In the meantime, cut the cabbage in half so that the cut goes directly through the center of the base root.
- Take out the core of each half by making two cuts on each side of the cores, intersecting just above the core to form a triangle around the cores.
- Pull out each core and discard.
- Lay each half of the cabbage flat side down on the cutting board and cut thin slices, starting at the top of the head of cabbage, working your way to the bottom.
- Once cut, put the cabbage into the vessel you plan on storing the pickles in.
- When the liquid starts to simmer, pour the brine over the cabbage and mix lightly to ensure all the cabbages are submerged.
- Put a lid on the container and store in the fridge overnight until fully chilled.
MAde this recipe?
tag @offtheline_cooking on instagram!