Roasted Root Vegetables with Honey, Rosemary and Sage
This fall-inspired take on traditional glazed carrots will have your whole family asking for a second helping of their vegetables.
- 3 medium parsnips (peeled & large diced)
- 3 medium carrots (peeled & large diced)
- 1 medium celery root (peeled & large diced)
- 1 medium rutabaga (peeled & large diced)
- 4 whole sprigs of sage + 2 tablespoons chopped
- 3 whole sprigs of rosemary + 2 tablespoons chopped
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of butter (diced into small pieces)
- Salt to taste (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Peel and cut all your vegetables into a large dice (about 1 inch x 1 inch x 1 inch) Be sure to cut all the vegetables a similar size to ensure even cooking rates. Place them in a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and the whole sprigs (not chopped) of both the rosemary and sage. Place them onto a baking sheet and flatten them out to an even layer.
- Bake at 400 F for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are roasted a deep golden-brown color and are about 90% of the way cooked, having just a little bit of crunch in the center.
- While the vegetables are roasting, chop your sage and rosemary and dice your butter into small pieces.
- After the vegetables are finished cooking (the first 30 minutes) remove the tray from the oven and turn the oven down to 350 F. Drizzle the honey over the vegetables and evenly distribute the small pieces of butter to the vegetables.
- Place the tray back into the oven and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove the tray from the oven and add the chopped rosemary and sage to the vegetables. Using a utensil, mix the vegetables to evenly distribute the herbs and the glaze.
- Return the tray to the oven and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- After the final 5 minutes, remove the tray from the oven, stir the vegetables to evenly distribute the glaze, and season with additional salt and/or pepper (if necessary) and serve hot.
MAde this recipe?
tag @offtheline_cooking on instagram!