Whole Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes that are roasted to caramelized their natural flavors and accented with hits of cinnamon. They make for a great side dish and you can even try roasting them directly with a honey and mustard whole roasted chicken.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Salt to taste (about ½ teaspoon)
- 4 pinches of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and wash and scrub both sweet potatoes to remove any dirt or blemishes from the surface and poke holes into each sweet potato with a fork in 4 separate places.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 40 minutes in the oven at 350 F.
- After 40 minutes, carefully remove the sweet potatoes from the oven, cut them in half (lengthwise) and season each half, skin side down, with salt and then sprinkle a pinch of ground cinnamon on each.
- Drizzle olive oil on each half and place face down (so the skin is now up) directly on a sheet tray that has been lightly oiled.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the sweet potatoes are caramelized and fully cooked.
- Remove from the sheet tray and serve.
MAde this recipe?
tag @offtheline_cooking on instagram!